OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Officials at the Oklahoma County Detention Center say an investigation has been launched after a detainee committed suicide.
Around 3 a.m. on Nov. 3, officials say a 33-year-old male detainee was found hanging in his cell at the Oklahoma County Detention Center.
The detainee was rushed to OU Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
Authorities say the detainee had been booked into the detention center on Oct. 30 on felony charges by the Oklahoma Bureau of Narcotics. His bond was set at $100,000.
An internal investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Georgia woman’s ‘I voted sticker’ finds a home on Susan B. Anthony’s gravesite in Rochester, NY
- ‘Vote and get home,’ anxious voters say on Election Day
- Striking images of businesses boarded up for Election Day in 15 major US cities
- It’s here: What to watch on Election Day
- Control of Senate at stake as Trump’s allies face Democrats